Friday 10 May 2013

Arbitrary silver broach

I am a student studying Jewellery design and Manufacture. I'm in my second year at the moment. Today, instead of continuing with our usual CAD lectures, we were instructed to create a blog. The first Post, this post has to be about a broach that we find "interesting" well i immediately went to my pinterest account to pick a prize piece from my collections. however.... for some reason my normally sweetie pie lecturer told me FIRMLY to "GO TO GOOOOOOOGLE!!!!!!!!"         
" Geez, have the seizure at home please" - okay that's hypocritical of me to say, as i throw temper-tantrums almost daily. for almost nothing. - in my mind it wasn't nothing though... my three stone collet had fallen apart for the fifth time. I'm not joking. 
Back to the broach... I like it because its nice like peanut butter. - Sam, my lecturer rather dislikes it when the students make thoughtless statements like that. Well Sam... I guess it has an effortless beauty about it. Although it's asymmetrical the broach is somehow balanced. I find it to be unexpectedly esthetically pleasing. your eye runs round and round the outer circle and rests momentarily on the inner circle. The over all effect has a somewhat wholesome feeling. Making me think of a warm apple pie that has just come out of my mother's oven.     


No comments:

Post a Comment